Thursday 29 March 2012

The Hunger Games

I saw The Hunger Games today and over all it was an amazing movie but there were a couple things I didn't really like about it. They're only small things but it makes a difference to me. So firstly, when Katniss finds Peeta be the river he's supposed to say "Here to finish me off sweetheart?" and the fact that they didn't put that in the movie kind of bothers me because it was honestly one of my favourite lines in te book. Secondly, the dogs are supposed to be genetically mutated and Katniss is supposed to realize that they're the dead tributes, but it never shows that and I can't speak for anyone else but I kind of thought that part was important... those are the only things that bothered me.

Hunger Games Tweets

^ That link is for all the racist tweets about Rue, Thresh and Cinna being black. As for Rue and Thresh Suzanne Collins SPECIFICALLY SAYS THAT THEY'RE BLACK.

Rue
“And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she’s very like Prim in size and demeanor.”

Thresh
"The boy tribute from District 11, Thresh, has the same dark skin as Rue, but the resemblance stops there. He's one of the giants, probably six and half feet tall and built like an ox."

People said that Rue being black ruined the movie,  I honestly don't know how that's possible.


HOW?! HOW could this sweet little girl ruin the movie? In my opinion, Amandla Stenberg played Rue to perfection! Even if it didn`t say what her skin colour was I still would`ve thought that Amandla did an amazing job. I cried when Rue died and for people to say that they were less sad about her death because she was black is just sickening.

I thought Isaiah Holder Jacksoni as the role of Thresh did a very good job too.


I loved the part in the book and the movie where he saves Katniss' life because of what she did for Rue and I found the way he acted that part was great. It honestly baffles me that people could think that The Hunger Games was a bad movie because there were black people in it. It doesn't make sense AT ALL!



As for Cinna it didn't specify in the book what his race was and I'll admit that I didn't think he was balck but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the movie was bad because he was black, in fact I thought that Lenny Kravitz did a wonderful job as Cinna.

One Last Thing:


Because Amandla, Isaiah and Lenny were amazing in The Hunger Games.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. There were a lot of things things that they left out of the movie that were so important, or interesting. I also agree that the fact that Rue, Thresh and Cinna were black does not ruin the movie at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you 100%!I actually don't know how people could be so rude. I think that it's a great movie.

    ReplyDelete