Tuesday 10 April 2012

Harry Potter Fandom

A lot of the time if I'm freaking out about Harry Potter as any Potterhead would, the people I'm with will say "It's just a movie." That pisses me off because first of all, it's not a movie, it's a BOOK series. Second of all, it's not JUST a book series. The fandom is endless! There's websites dedicated to Harry Potter, where people can share short stories. On one website I've gone to there are nearly 10 000 stories that were written by fans and I've seen 25 sites. Most of which have a short story section. There are also some in different languages.
Also, there's been a music movement for Harry Potter! I wrote a blog post about that, which you can see here.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Harry Potter isn't over. Just because the movies are done doesn't mean the fans are.

1 comment: