Saturday 9 June 2012

Rowing

Three mornings a week I go rowing with the KCI rowing club. I have to get up at 4:00am, so I'm ready to leave at 5:30am. Once I get to the place where I row, I have to sign out a boat, set up the stretchers, put the boat I sign out on the stretchers and check to make sure there's nothing wrong with it, then I bring the boat to the water and put the oars into the oar locks. Once all that is done it's time to row. The first time I went rowing was unlike anything I've ever done. It's exhilarating. I don't even know how to explain it, but it's amazing. When I first went in a boat by myself it was even more fun, but it's also scary. Singles are really easy to tip so there's that fear at the beginning, but after a while you get used to it and you learn how to keep it from tipping. If you don't mind waking up early, I recommend joining the KCI rowing club next year for everyone that goes to KCI. It is really rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment